Today, with the Corona-virus outbreak in full effect, with the financial markets in turmoil, the political leadership in mayhem, and what’s happening in the world… It can all bring stress, fear, and anxiety. We feel like we are being tested. Surely it’s hitting some of us harder than others, yet every one of us is experiencing some level of stress and uncertainty right now. How about YOU?
One timeless lesson I have been keeping in mind is that we are all in this together. We are never alone. No matter how troubled or pathetic you feel about your present situation—Corona-virus related or not—know that there are others nearby experiencing the same emotions right now. When you hear yourself say, “I am all alone in this”, “Will I get sick”. “I don’t want to die”, It’s just your worried mind trying to sell you a lie.
In these hard times, challenge your inner self-talk. Get some outside perspective. Don’t be scared to let someone else in if you find yourself in a dark place. Permit others to stand beside you in times of uncertainty.
Trials and tragedies strike indiscriminately, and nobody is guaranteed safety. But by changing your thinking, I have learned that hard times and rocky patches can become the proving ground for achieving renewed happiness and peace of mind.
It’s true; these are chaotic and stressful times. It’s normal to have anxious and fearful thoughts—It’s normal to worry in times of stress—yet there are ways to worry less and calm the mind.
I’ve suffered from chronic anxiety, so I’m incredibly aware of the anguish that stress and worry bring. In my own life, what I have found works is this:
Use four discernments for anxious thoughts, panic attacks, and a looping mind:
• Is it real?
• Is it here?
• Is it now?
• Is it mine?
When you understand how to work with these mantras, you can choose to respond to stress differently.
When I am under stress, I also use positive affirmations to fight through fear and worry. Statements are invaluable and can change your day and mood completely.
I know it might not seem like much with everything going on around us, but affirmations have helped me stay calm. I wanted to share them with you.
Here are some affirmations to help your anxiety.
• I am safe at this moment in time
• My body is strong and resilient
• It is safe for me to trust my judgment and intuition
• I am in control of my thoughts and feelings
• Overcoming challenges in life helps me evolve and become stronger
• I choose to be present and happy at this moment
• Worry doesn’t serve me, and I decide to leave it behind
• Stressful times bring communities closer together
• I have everything I need at this moment
• My body is healthy and capable
• I choose to let go of things I can’t control
• I am safe and comfortable at this moment
• In the present, there is nothing for me to fear
• I am an example of positivity to others
• I can see the best in challenging situations
• I choose to focus on love in stressful times
• I deserve to feel at peace at this moment
• I am so blessed to live this life
Take excellent care of yourself during this time. Please stay safe and follow the safety protocol. I hope you can find some relief from worry and anxiety soon.
Always be mindful and take necessary precautions, but do not allow fear to consume you.
Sending you love and light,
Please share your comments; we love to hear from you.