Your birthday only comes around once a year, and it should be celebrated for several reasons. A birthday is a time when a person acknowledges the anniversary of their birth. In many cultures, birthdays are celebrated with gifts, parties, or other special activities. Below, we’ll go over some of the most important reasons to celebrate your birthday.
6 Reasons Why Birthdays Are Important to Celebrate
- Your Birth Was Your Beginning
- Celebrating Is an Expression of Thanks
- It’s an Opportunity to Refresh Your Outlook
- It Opens the Door to New Mercies
- It Is a Chance to Acknowledge Your Existence
- It’s a Great Opportunity to Bond With People
1. Your Birth Was Your Beginning
Your birth was the beginning of your life. God created you to serve a purpose in this world. Every time you have a birthday, it is an indication that you still have work to do for the kingdom of God. Your birthday is a sign that you have yet another chance to fulfill your unique mission.
A birthday is a momentous occasion to be commemorated just as a nation commemorates its birth or as an organization celebrates its founding. A birthday is much more than an occasion to receive gifts. Your birthday is a chance to remember the day that a major event occurred, celebrate, give thanks, and reflect upon how you are still alive to celebrate the day you were born.